Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time Traveler's Wife

In attendance: Emilia, Laurel, Carmen & Stephanie.

Emilia and Laurel both read the book while Carmen and Stephanie had seen bits and pieces of the movie, actually enough for them to follow along with the discussion. Emilia and Laurel both agreed that they didn't understand what all the fuss was about. How have so many people "loved" this book. The idea was interesting but there were too many holes in logic. In the end, you either wanted to know more about what was happening in the future with individuals who had this genetic disorder (i.e., Henry's daughter) or you just wanted it over (i.e., Henry dead). Not something we would recommend to others. I would be interested in seeing how the movie portrayed the time traveling timeline, but there are many more movies on my list before I choose to see this one.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I read about 50 pages, but I just couldn't take it. I didn't like Henry from page 1! I really wanted to like the characters, but this book was nothing like I thought it would be. I sold my copy the day after book club at my garage sale! I hope that buyer enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete